Parents of toddlers know that the cupboard under the sink must have a childproof latch because of all the toxic products used to keep the kitchen clean. Separately and together, natural non-toxic substances such as salt, vinegar, baking soda, olive oil, and lemon juice can do almost anything those toxic commercial products can do. Salt is a mild abrasive, absorbs stains, and is antiseptic for disinfecting and purifying. White wine vinegar can be used on wood, tile, and fabric, is a deodorizer, dissolving all kinds of deposits, and lifting stains. Restore the shine on copper, brass, bronze, and pewter with equal parts salt and vinegar. Soak a sponge in vinegar and clean the inside of the dishwasher and degrease the stove top. Baking soda is an alkaline stain lifter, deodorizer, and polishing agent. In large bowl mix ¼ cup vinegar, 1 cup baking soda, 2 drops dish soap and enough water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the inside of the oven, let sit overnight, and wipe clean. Olive oil can be rubbed on wood surfaces, cabinets, dining room table, and to maintain kitchen equipment. Lemons have antiseptic and preservative properties, and they can be used to bleach, disinfect, and deodorize. To clean stainless steel, kids can make a paste of 1 tbsp coarse salt and 1 tsp lemon juice. Kids can keep the kitchen clean with healthy, earth-friendly, nice smelling, and easy to use natural items that are probably already in the pantry.